The All-Sportsmanship Team is comprised of one student athlete from each institution for each sport, and is selected by the players and coaches from their respective team for their positive contributions to sportsmanship. The student-athlete selected must be in good academic standing and a member of the team at the conclusion of the season in order to be eligible for selection.
Bates' representatives on the team are:
- Men's Basketball: Eric Shone, Sr., Portland, Maine
- Women's Basketball: Sarah Barton, Sr., Portsmouth, N.H.
- Men's Squash: Sean Wilkinson, Sr., London, England
- Women's Squash: Sarah Blomstedt, Jr., Gill, Mass.
- Men's Swimming & Diving: Peem Chatikavanij, Fy., Bangkok, Thailand
- Women's Swimming & Diving: Emilie Swenson, Sr., Old Saybrook, Conn.
The All-Sportsmanship Team recognizes student-athletes from each varsity sport who have demonstrated outstanding dedication to sportsmanship. These student-athletes exhibit respect for themselves, teammates, coaches, opponents, and spectators. They display sportsmanship not only as a participant in their sport, but also as a spectator and in their everyday lives. Through their positive actions and example, these student athletes inspire others to adhere to the quality of sportsmanship that the NESCAC and the NCAA endorse.