Men's squash wins at Stanford; women fall to No. 6 Cardinal
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- The Bates men's and women's squash teams wrapped up an enjoyable and productive "Squash Training and Service Trip" to Northern California with a match against the host Cardinal at Stanford University on Thursday. The No. 12 Bates men coasted past No. Stanford 9-0, while the No. 12 Bates women faced tougher competition, falling 8-1 to the No. 6-ranked hosts.
Follow the Bobcats on their trip via their team trip blog.
Bates first-year Rakey Drammeh (New York, N.Y.) came through with a thrilling 3-2 win in her match to earn the Bates women's team's lone point. The women dropped to 5-4, while the men increased their mark to 6-3.
Bates returns to New England to play at NESCAC rival Williams on Sunday. Both teams face the host Ephs at 12 p.m.
Bates Men 9, Stanford 0
1. Baldock,Christopher A (S) def. by Echeverria,Nicholas P. (B) 8-11,11-9,11-4,12-14,11-1
2. Strand,Tyler M. (S) def. by Burns,Robert P. (B) 11-2,11-4,11-7
3. Wieland,Mark D. (S) def. by Keating,R. J. (B) 11-9,11-9,11-2
4. Hazy,Trent (S) def. by Muldoon,Kristian (B) 11-4,11-3,11-5
5. Rowley,Derek S (S) def. by Compton,Doug (B) 11-4,11-8,11-8
6. Bowers,Theodore R. (S) def. by Williams,Patrick (B) 11-8,12-10,11-7
7. Yea,Chang Whan (S) def. by Baker-White,Matthew G (B) 11-5,11-8,11-9
8. Han,John (S) def. by Marchisotto,Matthew L. (B) 11-0,11-2,11-4
9. Lee,Paul S (S) def. by Cabot III,Walter M. (B) 11-1,11-2,11-3
(10.) Park,Keebuhm (S) def. by Born,David (B) 11-5,11-6,11-2
Stanford Women 8, Bates 1
1. Chua,Pamela (S) def. Parris,Cheri-Ann (B) 11-1,11-7,11-9
2. Sample,Kerrie L (S) def. Neal,Maura V (B) 11-4,11-5,11-3
3. Haig,Cecilia (S) def. Brooks,Ashley M (B) 11-6,11-6,11-3
4. Sherwood,Kyla D (S) def. Cabot,Stephanie (B) 11-2,11-2,11-4
5. Maliwal,Aditi (S) def. Bragg,Alison H (B) 11-3,11-7,11-6
6. Buechner,Samantha C (S) def. Matos,Samantha (B) 12-10,11-6,11-2
7. Stork,Leah B (S) def. by Drammeh,Rakey (B) 6-11,3-11,11-6,11-8,11-9
8. Koenig,Julie L (S) def. Hogeland,Anna (B) 11-1,11-5,14-12
9. Harrington,Shannon M. (S) def. Dorison,Liza C. (B) 11-5,11-5,11-5
(10.) Hemmendinger,Julia (S) def. Mayer,Jane W. (B) 11-5,11-4,11-2