The Bates College Sports Medicine Department consists of four Full Time Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC), two Team Physicians, and the Bates College Health Center.
The mission of the Sports Medicine Department is to provide the best quality health care possible for the Student-Athletes at Bates College. By working as a Sports Medicine team we are able to assess and treat injuries, porvide emergency health care, and facilitate appointments with other health care providers as the needs arise.
Each Athletic Trainer is Certified through the AT Board of Certification and Licensed to practice in the State of Maine. Additionally, our Certification and Licensure requires us to accrue Continuing Education Units on a rotating basis to stay as up to date as possible with the newest literature, education, and evidence based practices available so as to best serve the Student-Athletes at Bates College. All ATC's are members of the National Athletic Trainers' Association and the Maine Athletic Trainers' Association.
Click on the following link for information on our Sports Medicine Staff, and click on this link for Medical Forms. For more sports medicine information, navigate to the below links, listed alphabetically.
- Club Sport Athletes
- Concussion Information
- Directions to Team Physician's Offices
- Health Related Links
- Hours of Operation
- Lightning Policy
- Local Physicals, Physical Therapy Services and Primary Care Services
- MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus)
- NCAA Medical Issues and Disclosure Policy
- Nutritional and Supplement Information
- Sport Partcipation Information
- Sports Insurance Payment Coverage
- Visiting Team Information
- Withholding Athletes from Participation