No. 9 men's squash shuts out Colby, 9-0
John Illig notched his 400th career win coaching college squash and tennis.
LEWISTON, Maine -- The Bates College men's squash team wasted no time in defeating in-state rival Colby on Thursday night at the Bates Squash Center, 9-0.
The win marked the 400th career win for Bates head coach John Illig, including men's and women's squash as well as his prior years as a tennis coach.
The Bobcats (16-5), ranked No. 9 in the latest College Squash Association ratings, didn't lose a single set in the victory, which was the first meeting between the teams this season. The Mules dropped to 7-12 on the season.
The Bobcats have a pair of matches on Saturday at Bowdoin College, where they’ll play Northwestern University and the host Polar Bears.
Bates def. Colby 9-0
1. (B) Ricky Weisskopf def. J. Leiby 9-4, 9-0, 9-4
2. (B) Sean Wilkinson def. R. Maher 9-3, 9-0, 9-8
3. (B) Gary Kan def. A. Carr (8-10), 9-4, 9-3, 9-7
4. (B) Kush Mahan def. J. Russell 9-6, 9-2, 9-5
5. (B) Jordan Greenberg def. H. Goldstein 9-5, 9-0, 9-0
6. (B) Chip Russell def. B. Willis 9-1, 9-2, 9-0
7. (B) Marc Taggart def. S. Holt 9-0, 9-5, 9-0
8. (B) Deacon Chapin def. G. Lonaeus 9-4, 9-0, 9-2
9. (B) Charlie Johnson def. A. Goldfarb 9-2, 9-0, 9-4.