NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The Bates College men's squash team fell 5-4 in a heartbreaker to Franklin & Marshall on Sunday, snapping the Bobcats' win streak at three matches.
The match came down to the No. 1 matchup between No. 16 F&M's Nadav Tannen and No. 11 Bates' junior Kush Mahan (Gainesville, Fla.), with Tannen prevailing 3-0.
First-yar Bobby Burns (Greenwich, Conn.), sophomore Matt Marchisotto (New York, N.Y.) and sophomore Nick Echeverria (Washington, D.C.) all had impressive 3-0 wins at the Nos. 7, 5 and 4 positions, respectively.
The Bobcats (6-4) next play at Bowdoin on Thursday at 6 p.m.
F&M 5, Bates 4
1. Mahan, Kush def. by Tannen, Nadav 9-6,9-5,9-3
2. Katz, William def. by Nehrbas, Scott 9-5,9-1,9-2
3. Greenberg, Jordan def. by Madraswala, Sadiq 9-7,9-5,9-2
4. Marchisotto, Matthew def. Gagnier, Christopher 9-5,9-0,10-8
5. Echeverria, Nicholas def. Slater, Shane 10-8,9-1,9-1
6. Russell, Chip def. by Hawley, Ry 9-5,9-0,9-7
7. Burns, Robert def. Aibara, Zarir 9-6,9-6,9-0
8. Williams, Patrick def. by Lurio, Benjamin 9-6,9-6,2-9,9-4
9. Taggart, Marc def. Pasquariello, Patrick 9-2,10-9,9-0
10. Johnson, Charlie def. Struse, Frederick 9-5,9-0,9-3