William Katz '11
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The Bates College men's squash team was overpowered by a much-improved Cornell team Friday night at Yale University, with a final score of 9-0.
Bates, ranked No. 11 in the College Squash Association, received one game win against the No. 4 Big Red (4-1), by sophomore Will Katz (Bronxville, N.Y.) at the No. 2 spot, in losing their first match of the season to drop to 2-1.
Tomorrow at 1:15 p.m., Bates takes on No. 6 Rochester at Yale, followed on Sunday by matches against No. 18 Middlebury and No. 10 Williams, both matches to be played at Williams.
1. Sachvie, Christopher def. Mahan, Kush 9-3,9-0,9-3
2. Hartigan, William def. Katz, William 9-0,7-9,9-2,9-1
3. Domenick, Alex def. Greenberg, Jordan 9-2,9-2,9-0
4. Spettigue, Thomas def. Marchisotto, Matthew 10-8,9-8,9-7
5. Wagner, Charlie def. Echeverria, Nicholas 9-1,9-0,9-7
6. Hilton, David def. Russell, Chip 9-0,9-1,9-2
7. Claghorn, W. McKay def. Burns, Robert 9-3,9-0,9-0
8. Vernick, Christopher def. Williams, Patrick 9-4,9-4,9-4
9. Gupta, Amar def. Taggart, Marc 9-1,9-1,9-3
10. Brady, Pat def. Johnson, Charlie 9-3,9-2,9-1