NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The Bates College men's squash team put up a good fight at most spots in the lineup, but No. 4 Yale University swept the No. 12 Bobcats 9-0 Friday night at Yale.
Winning games on the Bates side were junior Nick Echeverria (Washington, D.C.) at No. 5 and first-year R.J. Keating (Short Hills, N.J.) at the 10th (exhibition) spot.
On Saturday at Yale, the Bobcats (6-4) face St. Lawrence at 1:15 p.m. and George washington at 6:15. They wrap up the weekend against Franklin & Marshall on Sunday at 9 a.m.
Yale 9, Bates 0
1. Chan,Kenneth (Y) def. Mahan,Kush (B) 11-4,11-2,11-3
2. Ruth,Todd (Y) def. Greenberg,Jordan (B) 11-9,11-3,11-3
3. Fuchs,Aaron (Y) def. Katz,William (B) 11-7,11-6,11-5
4. Dodd,Richard (Y) def. Cabot III,Walter (B) 11-8,11-5,11-3
5. Dowd,Ryan (Y) def. Echeverria,Nicholas (B) 11-4,10-12,11-3,11-0
6. Plimpton,Christopher (Y) def. Lee,Dae Ro (B) 11-5,11-9,11-8
7. Fulham,John (Y) def. Williams,Patrick (B) 11-8,11-3,11-0
8. Maruca,Michael (Y) def. Kourides,Nicholas (B) 11-2,11-2,11-3
9. Feldman,Russell (Y) def. Bedell,Eric (B) 11-6,11-7,11-8
10. Clayman,Samuel (Y) def. Keating,R. J. (B) 11-9,4-11,11-4,11-3