|Kush Mahan '10 continued his exceptional season with a 3-1 win at the No. 1 position against Williams.|
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The Bates College men's squash team fell to rival Williams 7-2 Saturday in the semifinals of Hoehn (B Division) Cup play at the College Squash Association Team Nationals.
Bates (19-8), seeded No. 11 overall and third in the Hoehn bracket, will play Franklin & Marshall on Sunday at 3 p.m. to determine third and fourth places in the bracket and 11th and 12th places in the final national rankings. No. 10 Williams moves on to play No. 9 Penn for the Hoehn Cup.
Bates senior Kush Mahan (Kalamazoo, Mich.) defeated Williams' Ethan Buchsbaum 3-1 in the No. 1 slot in the lineup, while junior and fellow captain Will Katz (Bronxville, N.Y.) downed Christian Henze 3-1 at the No. 3 spot for Bates' two points. Williams earned five of its seven points with 3-1 decisions over the Bobcats.
Williams 7, Bates 2
1. Mahan,Kush (B) def. Buchsbaum,Ethan (W) 11-5,12-10,4-11,11-5
2. Greenberg,Jordan (B) def. by Morris,William (W) 9-11,11-7,11-8,11-4
3. Katz,William (B) def. Henze,Christian (W) 9-11,11-9,11-7,11-8
4. Burns,Robert (B) def. by Gruner,Will (W) 11-4,10-12,11-5,11-7
5. Echeverria,Nicholas (B) def. by Marks,Nick (W) 11-9,11-8,11-9
6. Lee,Dae Ro (B) def. by Drobetsky,Julian (W) 11-3,13-11,11-1
7. Williams,Patrick (B) def. by Ervasti,Jack (W) 8-11,11-9,11-7,11-7
8. Keating,R.J. (B) def. by Herrmann,Jeremy (W) 11-5,8-11,11-4,11-6
9. Bedell,Eric (B) def. by Yaros,Bernard (W) 3-11,11-4,11-7,11-4