Bobby Burns '12
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- The Bates College men's squash team rolled to victory over two NESCAC opponents at Harvard University on Saturday, defeating both Wesleyan and Connecticut College 9-0.
Sophomore Bobby Burns (Greenwich, Conn.) won both of his matches in resounding fashion, not dropping a single game.
The Bobcats return to Bates Sunday for an 11 a.m. match against No. 1 Trinity, making its first visit to Lewiston.
Trinity has won 11 consecutive College Squash Association Team National titles, and has an all-time collegiate sports record winning streak of 202 matches going. The Bantams are the preseason No. 1 team in the CSA rankings.
The host Bobcats are ranked No. 12 by the CSA, after finishing in 11th place at the 2009 CSA Team Nationals. Bates hasn't lost at home since Jan. 12, 2008, a streak of eight straight wins.
Bates 9, Wesleyan 0
1. Candal,Matthew (W) def. by Mahan,Kush (B) 11-5,11-6,11-5
2. Kobrin,Dale (W) def. by Greenberg,Jordan (B) 11-3,11-7,11-7
3. Fowles,Nate (W) def. by Burns,Robert (B) 11-9,11-5,11-1
4. (Not available) (W) def. by Williams,Patrick (B) 11-5,11-4,11-5
5. Gibbs,Lonnie (W) def. by Lee,Dae Ro (B) 11-5,11-9,11-2
6. (Not available) (W) def. by Bedell,Eric (B) 11-4,11-6,8-11,11-5
7. (Not available) (W) def. by Keating,R. J. (B) 11-5,11-4,11-4
8. Becker-Mackee,Kyle (W) def. by Baker-White,Matthew (B) 11-3,11-7,11-8
9. (Not available) (W) def. by Kourides,Nicholas (B) 11-2,11-6,11-8
(10.) Richardson,Carlos (W) def. by Cabot III,Walter (B) 11-0,11-2,11-1
Bates 9, Connecticut College 0
1. Mahan,Kush (B) def. Garza,Caleb (C) 15-13,11-5,5-11,11-6
2. Greenberg,Jordan (B) def. Coscarelli,Kevin (C) 11-0,11-4,11-5
3. Burns,Robert (B) def. Moger,William (C) 11-2,11-1,11-5
4. Williams,Patrick (B) def. Fernandez,Benito (C) 9-11,11-5,11-9,6-11,11-9
5. Lee,Dae Ro (B) def. Wong,Jeremy (C) 11-8,3-11,11-7,11-9
6. Bedell,Eric (B) def. Markson,Jonathan (C) 11-5,11-6,15-13
7. Keating,R.J. (B) def. King,Christopher (C) 11-6,11-4,11-7
8. Baker-White,Matthew (B) def. Welty,Asa (C) 11-3,11-2,11-6
9. Kourides,Nicholas (B) def. Bolton,Charlie (C) 11-5,11-3,11-6
(10.) Cabot III,Walter (B) def. Brown,Will (C) 11-5,11-2,11-2