PALO ALTO, Calif. -- The No. 12 nationally ranked Bates College men's squash team began winter semester play by rolling past No. 16 George Washington University 8-1 on Wednesday at Stanford University.
Winning in straight sets for the Bobcats were senior Nick Echeverria (Washington, D.C.) at the No. 1 spot on the ladder, senior Will Katz (Bronxville, N.Y.) at No. 2, junior Bobby Burns (Greenwich, Conn.) at No. 3 and first-year Kristian Muldoon (Paget, Bermuda) at No. 5.
Bates (5-3) faces host No. 20 Stanford today at 4 p.m. Pacific.
Follow the Bobcats on their California trip via their team blog.
Bates 8, George Washington 1
1. Echeverria,Nicholas P. (B) def. Calderon,Jose L (GW) 11-7,11-5,13-11
2. Katz,William R. (B) def. Bower,Mike D (GW) 11-5,11-5,11-1
3. Burns,Robert P. (B) def. Feldman,Brett E. (GW) 11-7,11-2,11-1
4. Keating,R. J. (B) def. Ehrlich,Sam (GW) 9-11,11-7,12-10,9-11,11-3
5. Muldoon,Kristian (B) def. Bell,Christopher J (GW) 11-5,11-3,11-3
6. Compton,Doug (B) def. Nair,Mike N. (GW) 11-8,11-9,7-11,11-8
7. Williams,Patrick (B) def. by Haynes,Player (GW) 11-7,11-5,10-12,11-6
8. Baker-White,Matthew G (B) def. Castelo,Christopher M (GW) 11-6,11-7,8-11,11-9