HANOVER, N.H. -- The No. 19 nationally ranked Bates men's squash team made it a 1-1 weekend, as the Bobcats fell 9-0 at No. 7 Dartmouth squad on Sunday afternoon.
Two-time All-Ivy and All-American Chris Hanson and the rest of the Big Green squad proved to be too much of a test for the Bobcats. Senior captain Bobby Burns (Greenwich, Conn.) provided the most offensive support for Bates, extending his match into four games (11-8, 11-5, 17-19, 11-1) against Hanson in the No. 1 spot.
Bates (3-8), which won 8-1 at No. 22 Amherst yesterday, plays next on Jan. 21 at St. Lawrence at 11am.
Dartmouth 9, Bates 0
Jan. 15 at Hanover, N.H.
1. Hanson,Christopher R. (D) def. Burns,Robert P. (B), 11-8,11-5,17-19,11-1
2. Sisodia,Nicholas S (D) def. Muldoon, Kristian (B), 11-6,11-8,11-5
3. Lee,Luke J (D) def. Keating,R. J. (B), 11-7,11-6,11-8
4. Jung,Christopher A. (D) def. Bedell,Eric S (B), 11-9,11-4,11-3
5. Maycock,Robert W G (D) def. Cannon,Andy (B), 11-6,11-4,11-9
6. Wetherill,Stephen H. (D) def. Cabot III,Walter M. (B), 11-5,11-8,11-0
7. Kurth,Alex S. (D) def. Born,David (B), 11-4,11-7,11-6
8. Pease,Fletcher (D) def. Shrubb,Jason A (B), 11-8,11-8,11-5
9. O'Toole,Brian F (D) def. Saleem,Nabil (B), 11-6,11-7,11-4
Exh. Kuensell,Bayard H. (D) def. Fearnley,William T (B), 11-8,11-8,11-8