CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- The Bates men's squash team swept NESCAC rival Tufts 9-0 on Friday night at Harvard, with seven of the Bobcats' nine points arriving via straight-set individual victories.
First-year Ahmed Abdel Khalek (Cairo, Egypt) remained unbeaten at the No. 1 position for the Bobcats (3-1), after his 11-0, 11-3, 11-4 victory over Tufts' top player, Zachary Schweitzer. At the No. 2 position on the ladder, junior Kristian Muldoon (Paget, Bermuda) outlasted Aditya Advani in five sets, the most contested match of the evening.
Also picking up wins for Bates were senior R.J. Keating (Short Hills, N.J.) at No. 3, senior captain Walter Cabot (Dover, Mass.) at No. 4, sophomore Andy Cannon (Greenwich, Conn.) at NO. 5, first-year Filip Michalsky (Prague, Czech Republic) at No. 6, first-year Caran Arora (Mumbai, India) at No. 7, sophomore Nabil Saleem (Alpharetta, Ga.) at No. 8 and sophomore Jason Shrubb (Hamilton, Bermuda) at No. 9.
The Bobcats (3-1) stay in Cambridge on Saturday to take on Boston University at 9am, Bryant University at 11:15am, and MIT at 1:30pm, all at MIT.
Bates 9, Tufts 0
Nov. 30, 2012 at Harvard
1. Schweitzer,Zachary M. (T) def. by Abdel Khalek,Ahmed M. (B) 11-0,11-3,11-4
2. Advani,Aditya (T) def. by Muldoon,Kristian (B) 8-11,11-4,11-2,7-11,11-9
3. Ho,Jeremy (T) def. by Keating,R. J. (B) 11-7,11-6,11-8
4. Meggitt,Hugo C. (T) def. by Cabot III,Walter M. (B) 11-1,11-6,11-0
5. Silverman,Gordon (T) def. by Cannon,Andy (B) 11-1,11-1,11-1
6. Weiss,Brandon (T) def. by Michalsky,Filip (B) 6-11,11-3,12-10,11-7
7. Briggs,Benjamin (T) def. by Arora,Caran (B) 11-4,11-6,11-4
8. Lee,Jae Woo (T) def. by Saleem,Nabil (B) 11-6,11-0,11-2
9. Miller,Andrew A. (T) def. by Shrubb,Jason A (B) 11-2,11-2,11-3
Exh. Weiner,Philip (T) def. by Born,David (B) 11-1,11-1,11-5