Men's tennis rolls at Swarthmore College, 9-0
SWARTHMORE, Pa. -- The Bates College men's tennis team won its 10th match against three losses this year Tuesday with a 9-0 non-conference victory at Swarthmore College.
The Bobcats, ranked No. 27 in Division III and No. 7 in the Northeast, won in straight sets at five out of six singles positions and outlasted the host Garnet (5-8) at all three doubles spots.
Bates concludes its Southern swing with a match at The College of New Jersey, ranked No. 5 in the Northeast, tomorrow.
Tennis Match Results
Bates vs Swarthmore
Apr 15, 2008 at Swarthmore, Pa.
#27 Bates 9, Swarthmore 0
1. Benjamin Stein (BATES) def. Jonathan Lo (SWAT) 6-2, 6-2
2. Amrit Rupasinghe (BATES) def. Kevin Shaughnessy (SWAT) 7-5, 6-1
3. Michael Reiss (BATES) def. JJ England (SWAT) 6-3, 6-1
4. Maxwell Berger (BATES) def. Mark Wee (SWAT) 6-1, 6-1
5. Zach Fenno (BATES) def. Mark Greenburg (SWAT) 6-0, 6-7 (3-7), 10-7
6. Danilo Acosta (BATES) def. J. diFeliciantonio (SWAT) 7-5, 6-0
1. Amrit Rupasinghe/Benjamin Stein (BATES) def. Jonathan Lo/Kevin
Shaughnessy (SWAT) 8-6
2. Zach Fenno/Danilo Acosta (BATES) def. JJ England/Mark Greenburg (SWAT) 8-6
3. Maxwell Berger/Ryan Mannelly (BATES) def. J. diFeliciantonio/Mark Wee
Bates 10-3; National ranking #27; Regional ranking #7
Swarthmore 5-8; Regional ranking #12