CLINTON, N.Y. -- The No. 24 nationally ranked Bates men's tennis team rolled to a 9-0 NESCAC conference win at Hamilton College on Sunday.
Senior Ben Stein (Pelham, N.Y.) set the pace for the Bobcats (8-3 overall, 3-3 NESCAC) by drubbing Greg Kreitzer 6-1, 6-0 at No. 1 singles after teaming up with junior Amrit Rupasinghe (Colombo, Sri Lanka) to win 8-2 at first doubles. Junior captain Ryan Mannelly (New Canaan, Conn.) also won big at No. 4 singles, 6-1, 6-1 over Mark Segal, after teaming with junior Max Berger (Concord, N.H.) for an 8-0 win at No. 2 doubles.
Bates will play at Williams tomorrow at 4:15 p.m.
For more on this story and what's going on with the Bates tennis teams, please catch up with us on the team blog at http://batestennis.wordpress.com/
No. 24 Bates 9, Hamilton 0
at Hamilton (Gray Tennis Courts)
April 19 (Clinton, N.Y.)
1. Ben Stein (B) d. Greg Kreitzer 6-1, 6-0.
2. Max Berger (B) d. Drew Libin 7-5, 7-5.
3. Mike Reiss (B) d. Mike Moreno 6-3, 6-4.
4. Ryan Mannelly (B) d. Mark Segal 6-1, 6-1.
5. Zach Fenno (B) d. Pete Erwin 6-1, 6-3.
6. Jeff Beaton (B) d. Coby Berman 6-2, 7-5.
1. Stein/Amrit Rupasinghe (B) d. Kreitzer/Libin 8-2.
2. Berger/Mannelly (B) d. Moreno/Erwin 8-0.
3. Beaton/Fenno (B) d. Henry Ciocca/Segal 8-2.
Hamilton record: 4-9 overall, 0-5 NESCAC.
Bates record: 8-3 overall, 3-3 NESCAC.