Men's tennis manhandles the Camels, 9-0
Max Berger '10 won at second doubles with Jeffrey Beaton '12, then cruised to victory at second singles.
LEWISTON, Maine -- The No. 29 nationally ranked Bates College men's tennis team downed NESCAC rival Connecticut College 9-0 on Saturday in Merrill Gymnasium.
The Camels threatened to take a point at second doubles, where Bates senior Max Berger (Concord, N.H.) and sophomore Jeffrey Beaton (Haverhill, Mass.) outdueled George King and Craig Stanton for an 8-6 win. The Bobcats went on to win all six singles matches in two sets.
Bates (7-3, 2-1 NESCAC) plays host to Amherst in another NESCAC match on Sunday at 10 a.m.
Connecticut College (3-7, 0-4 NESCAC) plays host to Springfield in a non-conference match on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.
For more on this story and what's going on with the Bates tennis teams, please catch up with us on the team blog at http://batestennis.wordpress.com/
Bates 9, Connecticut College 0
1. Amrit Rupasinghe/Matthew Bettles def Trevor Prophet/Jeff Weisberger 8-0
2. Max Berger/Jeff Beaton def George King/Craig Stanton 8-6
3. Rob Crampton/Zach Fenno def Henry Friedman/Jacob Levin 8-0
1. Rupasinghe def Prophet 6-0, 6-4
2. Berger def Colin Tasi 6-1, 6-1
3. Bettles def King 6-1, 6-3
4. Mike Reiss def Weisberger 6-0, 6-2
5. Crampton def Stanton 6-1, 6-2
6. Fenno def Marshall Collins 6-1, 6-3