GREENE, Maine -- Top-notch rowing competition will take place Sunday morning on the Androscoggin River, as Maine's three collegiate rowing teams will compete in the 16th annual Presidents Cup.
Hosting the regatta is Bates College, home of the No. 2 nationally ranked women's rowing team in Division III. The Bobcats, national runners-up in each of the past three NCAA Championships, are undefeated this season.
The women's varsity eight race is scheduled for 10:20am, and the men's varsity eights race at 11:10am. The regatta will also feature varsity and novice fours, a women's novice eights race and men's second varsity eights and men's novice eights.
Directions to the Bates Boathouse in Greene:
• Maine Turnpike north to exit Exit 80 (Lewiston);
• Turn left onto Alfred A. Plourde Parkway at the stop sign at the end of the off ramp;
• Continue on Plourde straight to stoplight at intersection of Plourde and Pleasant;
• Continue on Plourde 0.6 miles to stoplight at Webster Street;
• Turn left onto Webster and travel 1 mile to stoplight at Farwell Street;
• Turn right onto Farwell and continue 0.6 mile to light;
• Continue straight across intersection onto Russell St;
• Go through three lights (East, Ave., Central Ave. and College St.).;
• Stay in the right hand lane and take exit for Rt. 202 (Main St.);
• At the light, take a right onto Rt. 202 N (Main St.);
• Travel 5.3 miles on Rt. 202;
• Pass two cemeteries that span the road and a small white church on the left;
• Immediately after the small church, take a left onto West Main St.;
• Take an immediate left onto Meadow Hill Rd.;
• Follow Meadow Hill for approx. 2 miles;
• The Bates boathouse driveway is just after a farm on the left and a sweeping right bend in the road;
• The driveway is marked by post #764 on the left side of the road.