CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- The Bates College women's squash team completed an undefeated opening weekend on Saturday, rolling to victory over three opponents at Harvard University on Saturday. Bates (4-0) defeated NESCAC opponent Wesleyan 8-1, followed by 9-0 victories over Boston College and NESCAC foe Connecticut College.
Sophomores Mimi Neal (Danvers, Mass.) and Courtney Talcott (Dover, Mass.) were particularly dominant, not dropping a single game all day.
The next match for the women is against the three-time defending national champion Princeton Tigers in Princeton, N.J., on Dec. 5.
Bates 8, Wesleyan 1
1. Parris,Cheri-Ann def. Simchik,Casey (W) 11-3,11-5,11-4
2. Laverty,Hannah def. (Not available) (W) 11-3,11-2,11-6
3. Roller,Whitney def. (Not available) (W) 8-11,11-9,12-10,11-6
4. Neal,Maura def. (Not available) (W) 11-7,11-2,11-6
5. Bragg,Alison def. Hunter,Gwynne (W) 11-7,11-4,11-4
6. Dorison,Liza def. Chu,Jenny (W) 11-13,11-5,11-7,11-7
7. Rice,Carlie def. by Fox,Caroline (W) 11-5,13-11,13-11
8. Ruth,Megan def. Larner,Elizabeth (W) 11-5,11-4,11-4
9. Talcott,Courtney def. (Not available) (W) 11-9,11-8,5-11,12-10
Bates 9, Connecticut College 0
1. Flynn,Caroline (C) def. by Parris,Cheri-Ann (B) 11-6,11-7,11-4
2. Abrams,Laura (C) def. by Laverty,Hannah (B) 11-9,11-4,11-6
3. Nadler,Louise (C) def. by Roller,Whitney (B) 11-4,11-4,11-3
4. Hyslip,Jennifer (C) def. by Neal,Maura (B) 11-5,11-4,11-2
5. Leeds,Victoria (C) def. by Bragg,Alison (B) 11-5,11-5,11-5
6. (Not available) (C) def. by Dorison,Liza (B) 11-3,11-1,11-3
7. (Not available) (C) def. by Rice,Carlie (B) 11-5,11-5,11-8
8. (Not available) (C) def. by Ruth,Megan (B) 11-3,11-2,11-4
9. (Not available) (C) def. by Talcott,Courtney (B) 11-2,11-3,11-3