HARTFORD, Conn. -- The No. 12 nationally ranked Bates women's squash team put up a strong fight against the No. 3-ranked Trinity College, ultimately losing by a 6-3 score. The Bobcats (4-3) wrapped up the fall semester's portion of the schedule, and next play a pair of matches at Stanford University, meeting No. 18 George Washington on Jan. 5 and facing No. 6 Stanford on Jan. 6.
Senior captain Anna Hogeland (Williamstown, Mass.) prevailed 3-1 at the No. 7 position over Melva Lopez, and Bates won at the eighth and ninth spots on the ladder as well: sophomore Liza Dorison (Longmeadow, Mass.) defeated Schuyler Livingston 3-0, and senior Emily Russell (Queensbury, N.Y.) defeated Lindsay McDonough at 9, 3-0. Russell also won exhibition matches in Bates' matches against Yale and Penn on Saturday.
Trinity 6, Bates 3
1. Pelaez,Catalina (T) def. Parris,Cheri-Ann (B) 11-5,11-5,11-7
2. Pelletier,Jennifer L (T) def. Brooks,Ashley M (B) 11-1,11-2,11-5
3. Holton,Emery C.(T) def. Cabot,Stephanie (B) 11-3,11-4,11-7
4. Rodriguez Acosta,Alicia M.(T) def. Bragg,Alison H (B) 11-4,11-6,11-1
5. Echeverria,Andrea C(T) def. Matos,Samantha (B) 11-1,11-5,11-1
6. Jimenez,Pamela L.(T) def. Drammeh,Rakey (B) 11-8,11-2,11-2
7. Lopez,Melva Juliana (T) def. by Hogeland,Anna (B) 14-12,11-3,8-11,11-3
8. Livingston,Schuyler(T) def. by Dorison,Liza C. (B) 11-8,11-8,11-9
9. McDonough,Lindsay (T) def. by Russell,Emily C. (B) 11-7,11-3,11-6