AMHERST, Mass. -- The Bates College women's tennis came up against another nationally ranked opponent on Saturday and fell 9-0 in a NESCAC match at Amherst College.
The No. 6-ranked Lord Jeffs (8-1, 1-0 NESCAC) are the third consecutive NESCAC team ranked in the top 12 nationally that the Bobcats (2-7, 0-3) have faced.
Bates will play again tomorrow at Connecticut College, a NESCAC foe, although the match will not count in the conference standings.
Amherst 9, Bates 0
1. Carlissa King/Natasha Brown (A) def. Caryn Benisch/Alexandra Piacquad (B) 8-1
2. Jill Wexler/Laura Danzig (A) def. Brooke Morse-Karzen/Erika Blauth (B) 8-1
3. Anuja Ankola/Mimi Bell (A) def. Meg Anderson/Elizabeth Stege (B) 8-1
1. Carlissa King (A) def. Caryn Benisch (B) 6-1, 6-3
2. Jill Wexler (A) def. Alexandra Piacquad (B) 6-3, 6-0
3. Natasha Brown (A) def. Meg Anderson (B) 6-1, 6-1
4. Laken King (A) def. Brooke Morse-Karzen (B) 6-3, 6-0
5. Mimi Bell (A) def. Erika Blauth (B) 6-0, 6-1
6. Laura Danzig (A) def. Elizabeth Stege (B) 6-3, 6-2