CLINTON, N.Y. -- The Bates College women's tennis team won for the second time in three matches on Sunday, notching a 7-2 NESCAC conference victory at Hamilton College.
Bates took two out of three doubles matches before dominating singles play by winning five out of six matches. Senior Caryn Benisch (Huntington, N.Y.), junior Alex Piacquad (Yardley, Pa.) and junior Jean Gulliver (Falmouth, Maine) all contributed towards two points for the team.
Bates (4-8 overall, 2-5 NESCAC) will next play at Vassar College on Wednesday at 4 p.m.
For more on this story and what's going on with the Bates tennis teams, please catch up with us on the team blog at http://batestennis.wordpress.com/
Bates 7, Hamilton 2
at Hamilton (Gray Tennis Courts)
April 19 (Clinton, N.Y.)
1. Caryn Benisch (B) d. Laura Brantley 6-4, 6-4.
2. Alex Piacquad (B) d. Deborah Barany 6-2, 6-2.
3. Ashley Pardoe (H) d. Meg Anderson 7-5, 6-4.
4. Brooke Morse-Karzen (B) d. Caroline Greenberg 6-0, 6-4.
5. Erika Blauth (B) d. Amelia Mattern 6-4, 6-3.
6. Jean Gulliver (B) d. Hannah Weisman 6-4, 6-4.
1. Benisch/Piacquad (B) d. Pardoe/Brantley 8-4.
2. Barany/Mattern (H) d. Blauth/Morse-Karzen 8-5.
3. Anderson/Gulliver (B) d. Maile Thayer/Greenberg 8-2.
Hamilton record: 1-11 overall, 0-4 NESCAC.
Bates record: 4-8 overall, 2-5 NESCAC.