Top-ranked Amherst tops women's tennis
LEWISTON, Maine -- The top-ranked Amherst College women's tennis team cruised to a 9-0 NESCAC win over host Bates College on Saturday in Merrill Gymnasium. The Lord Jeffs rose to 9-1 overall and 2-0 in conference play.
Bates (7-4, 1-2 NESCAC) returns to action Sunday, April 18 with a home NESCAC match against Hamilton.
For more on this story and what's going on with the Bates tennis teams, please catch up with us on the team blog at http://batestennis.wordpress.com/
Amherst 9, Bates 0
1. Alex Piacquad/Meg Anderson lost to Brittany Berckes/Laura Danzig 8-1
2. Ashley Brunk/Nicole Russell lost to Jill Wexler/Natasha Brown 8-2
3. Katie Helfgott/Erika Blauth lost to Caroline Richman/Carlissa King 8-2
1. Piacquad lost to Berckes 6-4,6-2
2. Anderson lost to Danzig 6-1,6-1
3. Helfgott lost to C. King 6-1,6-2
4. Brunk lost to Wexler 6-1,6-1
5. Blauth lost to Brown 6-2,6-0