BALTIMORE, Md. -- No. 11 nationally ranked Johns Hopkins dominated doubles play en route to a 9-0 win over the Bates women's tennis team on Saturday at the JHU Tennis Courts.
The host Blue Jays (3-3) dropped only one game in the doubles competition to set the tone for the day.
Bates first-year Kristen Doerer (Madison, Conn.) took the first set from Yoko Hirase at sixth singles in a three-set loss. Bates junior Erika Blauth (Camden, Maine) played the next closest match, a 6-2, 6-3 loss to Ariel Several at fourth singles.
Bates (3-4) next plays host to Babson on Friday, March 25 at 3 p.m.
Johns Hopkins 9, Bates 0
March 19, 2011 at Baltimore, Md. (JHU Tennis Courts)
1. Hailey Hogan/Nandita Krishnan (JH) def. Nicole Russell/Meg Anderson (B) 8-1
2. Yoko Hirase/Carolyn Warren (JH) def. Erika Blauth/Kristen Doerer (B) 8-0
3. Courtney Boger/Abby Clark (JH) def. Jenna Burke/Jacqui Holmes (B) 8-0
1. Warren def. Holmes 6-0, 6-0
2. Krishnan def. Anderson 6-0, 6-1
3. Hogan def. Ashley Brunk (B) 6-0, 6-1
4. Ariel Several (JH) def. Blauth 6-2, 6-3
5. Clark def. Russell 6-2, 6-0
6. Hirase def. Doerer 2-6, 6-0, 10-6