MIDDLEBURY, Vt. -- No. 10 nationally ranked Middlebury snapped the Bates women's tennis team's three-match win streak on Sunday, defeating the Bobcats 8-1 in both teams' NESCAC opener.
Bates juniors Ashley Brunk (Phoenix, Ariz.) and Nicole Russell (Boca Raton, Fla.) won a 9-7 decision at No. 3 doubles for the Bobcats (4-3), who play a non-conference match at Babson on Wednesday at 4pm. Sophomore Lucy Brennan (Wellesley, Mass.) played a tough match at No. 6 singles.
Bates hosts MIT on Saturday, March 17 starting at 11am (Video).
Middlebury 8, Bates 1
March 11, 2012 at Middlebury
1. Brittney Faber/Leah Kepping (M) def. Elena Mandzhukova/Meg Anderson (B) 8-4
2. Lok Sze Leung/Anna Burke (M) def. Erika Blauth/Kristen Doerer (B) 8-3
3. Ashley Brunk/Nicole Russell (B) def. Dorrie Pardies/Katie Paradies (M) 9-7
1. Leung (M) def. Mandzhukova (B) 6-1, 6-2
2. Kepping (M) def. Anderson (B) 6-1, 6-2
3. D. Paradies (M) def. Jacqui Holmes (B) 6-1, 6-3
4. K. Paradies (M) def. Blauth (B) 6-1, 6-2
5. Anna Burke (M) def. Audrey Grauer (B) 6-2, 6-0
6. Harries (M) def. Lucy Brennan (B) 7-6 (3)