BRUNSWICK, Maine -- Bates first-year Sarah Fusco and senior Lizzy Carleton moved into second and seventh places, respectively, on the team all-time performance list in the 400 meters, one of several highlights for the Bobcats as they finished fourth among seven teams at the Aloha Relays.
Fusco (Cheshire, Conn.) placed third in 58.85 seconds, moving into second on the team's list and trailing only team record holder Dana Lindauer '11 (56.74). Carleton (Westborough, Mass.) was fourth in 59.97.
Other top-five event placements for the Bobcats included:
- Senior Taylor Piers (Falmouth, Maine) was second in the triple jump (34-7.5) and fourth in the long jump (16-5.75).
- Sophomore Kallie Nixon (Medfield, Mass.) came in second in the 5,000 meters, at 18:57.31.
- Junior Kathryn DeAngelis (Lewiston, Maine) was third in the 400 hurdles (1:10.56).
- First-year Colby Gail (Topsham, Maine) was third in the high jump at 4-11.75.
- Senior Juliana Kirkland (Greene, Maine) was third in the hammer throw, at 139-10.
- Junior Lisa Reedich (Harvard, Mass.) was fourth in the 800 meters, at 2:24.29.
- Sophomore Holli Kennison (Orono, Maine) finished fourth in the heptathlon, with 2,727 points.
- Bates took second place in the 4x800 relay, with first-year Erica Gagnon (Haverhill, Mass.), sophomore Mira Carey-Hatch (Laconia, N.H.), first-year Elena Jay (West Hartford, Conn.) and Reedich finishing in 10:13.19.
Bates hosts the 2012 NESCAC Men's and Women's Track & Field Championships next Saturday, April 28 at 9am.