LEWISTON, Maine -- The No. 35 nationally ranked Bates women's track and field team won five events and finished second only to No. 5 MIT on Saturday, in the Bobcats' lone home outdoor meet of the season against the Engineers, No. 36 RPI and Tufts.
MIT scored 235 team points at the meet, followed by Bates (194), Tufts (154) and RPI (97).
Top-six performances by the Bobcats included:
- Junior Sally Ceesay (Bronx, N.Y.) broke the 40-foot barrier in the triple jump for the first time, at a wind-aided 40-1.25, taking first place. Ceesay also finished third in the long jump at a career-best 17-11.75.
- Senior captain Allison Hill (Brunswick, Maine) won the 100-meter hurdles in 14.28 seconds, just 0.02 off of her own team record in the event. Hill also won the 400-meter hurdles (1:06.70).
- Senior captain Jessica Wilson (Cumberland, Maine) won the 1,500-meter run in 4:43.92.
- Sophomore Ayden Eickhoff (Corvallis, Mont.) won the 800-meter run with a time of 2:18.53, 1.97 seconds ahead of runner-up Marissa McPhillips of MIT.
- Senior captain Claire Markonic (Millerton, N.Y.) placed second in the 400-meter dash (1:00.66) and third in the 200 (26.91).
- Senior Sadie James (Avon, Maine) took second place in the 5,000 meters (18:05.53).
- First-year Megan Seymour (West Hartford, Conn.) placed second in the 400 hurdles (1:09.67).
- First-year Shelby Burns (Uniontown, Pa.) placed third in the high jump (5-2.25).
- Junior Srishti Sunil (Bangalore, India) placed fourth in both the high jump (5-2.25) and long jump (17-9).
- Senior captain Elyse Rubchinuk (Newport, N.H.) won the javelin throw (113-1) and placed fifth in the high jump (4-10.25).
- Sophomore Katie Barker (Burlington, Vt.) placed fourth in the 1,500 meters (4:53.64).
- Junior Mary Szatkowski (Buxton, Maine) took fourth place in the 5,000 (18:51.39).
- Sophomore Katie Hughes (Pittsfield, Maine) placed fourth in the shot put (36-1.25)
- Sophomore Sarah Rothmann (Andover, Mass.) placed fifth in the 800 meters (2:23.10).
- First-year Paige Rabb (Stamford, Conn.) placed fifth in the 200 meters (26.99).
- Sophomore Sarah Shoulta (Waterville, Maine) placed fifth in the 100 hurdles (15.93).
- Junior Lindsey Beauregard (Hollis, N.H.) placed third in the javelin throw (109-3) and fifth in the long jump (17-3.25).
- First-year Anna Beaudet (Auburn, Maine) placed sixth in the 200 meters (27.18).
- Junior Charlotte Cutshall (Falmouth, Maine) placed sixth in the triple jump (32-3.75).
- Senior Ashley Pollack (Port Washington, N.Y.) held off MIT's Margaret Trautner down the final stretch as Bates took second place by 0.01 seconds in the 4x400 relay. Pollack followed Rabb, Eickhoff and first-year Hannah Tower (New Milford, Conn.).
Bates next competes at the UNH Wildcat Invitational next Saturday in Durham, N.H.