LEWISTON, Maine -- The Bates women's track and field team won team scoring among five Division III teams Saturday in the Bates Invitational, taking first place in 10 out of 18 events.
The meet also featured Division I Maine and Bryant scoring separately (by rule) from Division III, as well as independent athletes competing.
Bates scored 253 points to win the five-team Division III portion of the meet. Colby was second with 157, followed by Husson (71), Keene State (41) and St. Joseph's (8). In Division I competition, Maine outscored Bryant 91-45.
- Senior captain Sally Ceesay (Bronx, N.Y.) took first place in both the long jump (5.27 meters) and the triple jump (11.38).
- Junior captain Katie Hughes (Pittsfield, Maine) placed first in the weight throw (13.93 meters) and second in the shot put (10.91).
- Senior Katherine Cook (South Burlington, Vt.) won the 3,000 meters in 9:56.62.
- Junior Ayden Eickhoff (Corvallis, Mont.) won the mile in 5:09.10.
- First-year Sojung Kim (Thornhill, Ontario) won the 800 meters in 2:22.70.
- Sophomore Paige Rabb (Stamford, Conn.) won the 400-meter dash in 1:01.74.
- Senior captain Callie Reynolds (West Hartford, Conn.) won the 5,000 meters in 19:03.93, with junior Hannah Austin (North Yarmouth, Maine) second in 19:05.46.
- First-year Molly McCoole (New Bedford, N.H.) won the high jump at 1.59 meters.
- First-year Vanessa Paolella (Dingmans Ferry, Pa.) won the 1,000 meters in 3:04.61.
- Junior Sarah Shoulta (Waterville, Maine) finished second in the 60-meter hurdles in 9.51 seconds.
- Junior Shelby Burns (Uniontown, Pa.) was second in the high jump at 1.59.
- First-year Imani Boggan (Lafayette, Calif.) took second place in the 600 meters (1:41.97).
- Sophomore Daniella Pascucci (Needham, Mass.) was second in the 3,000 meters (10:37.25).
- Senior Srishti Sunil (Bangalore, India) was second in the long jump (5.23 meters) and third in the high jump (1.54 meters).
- First-year Anna Beaudet (Auburn, Maine) placed third in the 60-meter dash (8.25) and fourth in the 200 meters (27.60).
- First-year Jenny Martin (Lewiston, Maine) placed third in both the 200 (27.37) and the 60-meter hurdles (9.62).
- Sophomore Casey Snow (Ridgefield, Conn.) placed third in the 600 meters (1:44.68).
- Senior Julia Nemy (San Francisco, Calif.) was third in the 800 meters (2:32.25).
- First-year Amanda Kaufmann (Somers, Conn.) scored 2,713 points to place third in the pentathlon, held Friday.
- Boggan, Eickhoff, Kim and Shoulta ran a 4:06.65 time in the 4x400 relay, good for second place.
Next weekend Bates will compete in the John Thomas Terrier Classic at Boston University on Friday at 2pm, and at the USM Invitational on Saturday at 2pm in Gorham, Maine.