BOSTON -- A number of career-best performances made waves on the Bates women's track and field all-time performance lists, as the Bobcats competed Friday at the David Hemery Invitational at Boston University.
Bates' performances included:
- Junior Sarah Rothmann (Andover, Mass.) ran the 1,000 meters in 2:58.35, moving into a tie with Izzi Unger '16 for second place on Bates' all-time performance list in the event, trailing only Kelley Puglisi's 2003 record time of 2:57.68.
- First-year Jenny Martin (Lewiston, Maine) won the second section of the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.32 seconds, the third fastest among 32 athletes. Martin's personal-record time moves her into a tie for second place on Bates' all-time performance list in the event with Tina Tobin '12.
- Martin also ran the 200-meter dash in 26.18 seconds, moving into eighth place on Bates' all-time performance list.
- Sophomore Anna Beaudet (Auburn, Maine) sliced 0.5 seconds off of her career-best in the 200-meter dash, finishing in 26.17 seconds. Beaudet moves into seventh place on Bates' all-time performance list in the event.
- First-year Sojung Kim (Thornhill, Ontario) ran the 800 meters in a season-best 2:18.40, moving into seventh place on Bates' all-time performance list in the event.
- Sophomore Paige Rabb (Stamford, Conn.) ran a career-best 1:00.80 in the 400 meters.
- Senior Callie Reynolds (West Hartford, Conn.) ran the 5,000 meters in a career-best 18:13.53.
- Junior Sarah Shoulta (Waterville, Maine) ran the 11th-fastest time in the 60 hurdles at 9.68 seconds. She also finished the 200-meter dash in 26.96 seconds.
- First-year Imani Boggan (Lafayette, Calif.) ran the 200 meters in 26.79 seconds.
- Boggan, Kim, Martin and Rabb combined to run the 4x400 relay in 4:00.20, good for ninth place on Bates' all-time performance list.
- Sophomore Talia Binns (Interlaken, N.J.) ran the 400 meters in 1:01.87.
- Senior Srishti Sunil (Bangalore, India) long jumped 16-5.
- Senior Julia Nemy (San Francisco, Calif.) ran the 800 meters in 2:22.93.
- Junior Andrea Russo (Cheshire, Conn.) ran the 400 meters in 1:04.20.
- Sophomore Casey Snow (Ridgefield, Conn.) ran the 500 meters in 1:22.13.
- Senior Caroline Gettens (Concord, N.H.) ran the 500 meters in 1:22.78.
- First-year Vanessa Paolella (Dingmans Ferry, Pa.) won her section in the mile in 5:19.93.
Bates will next compete in the New England Division III Indoor Championships at Springfield College, Feb. 16-17.